Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sushi Roll Salmon






This recipe came about because I was CRAVING sushi and my husband is always down for sushi. Truly, if I want to go out I just say I want sushi and it is a done deal. I already had salmon defrosted so there was no going out for sushi that night, but I decided to vaguely try to recreate one of our favorite rolls. This is basically a teriyaki glaze salmon that I just made a spicy mayo drizzle for. The same drizzle they put on many sushi rolls. After I served it I asked my husband what it reminded him of and he told me our favorite sushi roll, nailed it! 

Sushi Roll Salmon – Serves 2

First you want to make the spicy mayo, it’s super easy, take about a ¼ cup of mayo and add sriracha to taste. I personally add about 2 heaping tablespoons but I LOVE spicy. To be honest if you don’t like it spicy this is still quite tasty without the spicy mayo! 

If you are really in a pinch and need to get dinner out quick you could use pre-made teriyaki but it’s so fast to make this teriyaki and it is SO worth it!   

Teriyaki glaze 
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons honey
½ tablespoon cornstarch   
½ teaspoon sesame seeds

Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder and honey in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Once the mixture begins to simmer add the cornstarch and stir until it begins to thicken. 

Pour the glaze over your salmon fillets in a baking dish. Make sure to lift the salmon up too to make sure it is fully coated underneath as well. Add a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Cook for 15 minutes at 425. 

Once the salmon comes out of the oven simply drizzle with the spicy mayo. Quick tip: put the spicy mayo in a plastic zip lock baggie and cut the corner off so you can drizzle it neatly.

enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment