Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hawaiian Chicken

So yesterday I knew I would be busy and with it being Friday I would not want to be in the kitchen for a long time. Cue the crock pot! I love my crock pot! Seriously just through in a bunch of stuff and out comes a wonderful juicy meal and the best part, the meats never overcooked! Once again this recipe is for two so feel free to change it to fit your families size.

Ingredients  
2 trimmed chicken breasts  
2 table spoons chopped green onion 
1 teaspoon of minced garlic (I usually add a bit more) 
1 table spoon dry white whine 
2 table spoons soy sauce 
2 table spoons honey 
2 table spoons water  
a few chucks of pineapple (the amount is really how ever much you want 
fresh ground pepper to taste  

1) Add all of the ingredients except for the chicken into a small bowl and mix them together
2) If you are not in a hurry take defrosted chicken breasts and cut them into bite sized pieces. If you are in a hurry just throw them in the crackpot frozen and whole. The chicken absorbs he sauce better when in small pieces but still tastes amazing when left whole.
3) With all of the ingredients in cook on high for about 3 hours... if I am going to be out of the house I will cook it on low for the day.  
4) Serve over white rice and pour the extra sauce on top! 

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment